Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work with the Energy Storage System (ESS) team to ensure the timely delivery of a battery system to support vehicle program, testing, and validation timing.
- Conduct battery system architecture development for next-generation ESS systems including:
- Develop overall ESS layout
- Lead cross-functional teams in integration of the ESS in vehicle
- Lead internal ESS integration efforts
- Support weekly Battery System Product Development Team meetings
- Identify and suggest missing requirements needed for ESS development
- Identify and develop analysis requirements for the ESS
- Support system controls and safety architecture development
- Collaborate with the Dimensional Engineering team in developing ESS dimensional requirements
- Execute work to ESS development timing.
- Manage part maturity to development requirements.
- Write ESS and component functional requirements.
- Manage ESS PLM and component attribute data in Enovia, including cost & mass targets.
- Conduct regular ESS CAD design reviews.
- Ensure drafting, tolerance stack analysis, and GD&T are completed for all ESS components.
- Support ESS CAE team to define and submit simulation requests for design validation and correlation testing.
- Support ESS and subcomponent DFMEAs.
- Support Validation team in developing DVP from component requirements and DFMEA.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with Supply Chain to quote and source production suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on component DFM to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Work with manufacturing team on ESS and component DFA to improve manufacturability.
- 6+ years industry experience with Bachelors’ degree or 3+ years with Masters’ degree.
- Exceptional CAD experience, preferably in CATIA or NX.
- Experience working with vehicle team integrating product in vehicle, preferably in powertrain on chassis with multiple subcomponents.
- Familiarity with lithium ion cell chemistries and form factors.
- Design experience for injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composite layup.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Understanding of thermodynamics and a working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, and standards.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management. Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM
- CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.