Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Participate in the process development of Weld Performance for Rivian.
- Be a vital part of the relationship between Product Development, Performance Integration and Product Manufacturing.
- Provide input into the design and development of new and existing vehicle programs and take a lead role in the performance and integration of the welds on our current and next generation vehicles.
- Work cross-functionally with Materials Engineering, Performance Integration, Suppliers and Design Release Engineers to lead improvement on existing vehicle programs to ensure that safety, reliability, and process capability goals are achieved, maintained, and improved.
- Provide input into the design and development of new and existing hardware and take a lead role in manufacturing and integration on our current and next generation vehicles.
- Deliver unique solutions enabling high quality, precision, and fast welding operations through aggressive research, development and hands-on testing
- Set up welding qualification test campaigns and interpret test results to drive process development to produce quality products and facilitate novel solutions enabling and promoting a high paced, competitive environment
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to and influencing stakeholders
- Author Design and Quality Standards as well as collaborate with Materials Engineering for Material Standards.
- Develop, optimize, and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications as well as Procedure Qualification Records.
- Support production, aftermarket repair, and suppliers engaged in the operations of welded assemblies, providing direction to engineers and welders on correct techniques to produce most optimized design to mitigate
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, weld engineering or other engineering discipline
- 2+ years of hands on fabrication, manufacturing, or testing experience of welded assemblies
- Good fundamental understanding of GMAW, LASER and Resistance Spot Weld processes as well as weld metallurgy (particularly for steel and aluminum)
- Tooling design experience for welded assemblies to reduce part distortion and improve part consistency
- Understanding of weld testing methodologies and data acquisition systems used to make informed welding decisions (tensile, fatigue, etc.)
- Experience with design and execution of experiments to improve weld quality by adjusting key variables
- PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in welding engineering or related technical program
- Experience interpreting non-destructive testing results of welded assemblies in an effort to drive improved process capability
- Robot programming experience of automated weld processing cells
- Hands-on experience in various forms of welding and fabrication
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to succinctly present recommendations to stakeholders, the customer, and management
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure collaborative environment with driving for continuous improvement in all areas of weld related activities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.