Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Build and lead a team of battery test technicians to test and validate energy systems for next-generation battery pack development.
- Review test plans with test and validation teams prior to executing tests.
- Ensure tasks are clearly defined with clear end dates. Ensure test and validation plans align with overall program plan.
- Work with your team and outside vendors to ensure proper equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Ensure quality test results and standardized tools and templates across the team.
- Ensure that your team has a safe operating environment. Ensure the team is up to date on safety training. Review safety training and ensure it is suitable for the tasks on hand.
- Continuously identify opportunities for efficiency improvements while maintaining test quality.
- Make hiring and other staffing decisions in partnership with the People team.
- Support development of technicians on the team. Provide support, coaching, and growth opportunities for your team.
- Establish the team as a center of excellence for test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Ensure a safe test environment, test execution, and proactively address safety issues as it relates to lab personnel and facilities, equipment, and test setups.
- 5+ years relevant industry test and validation experience in energy storage.
- Experienced with test automation.
- Strong leadership behaviors. 3+ years of Direct team building and management experience is a must-have.
- Excellent and effective communicator with engineers.
- High Voltage training or demonstrated working knowledge of battery-powered systems strongly preferred.
- Experience working with lithium-ion batteries lead-acid batteries, or other types of batteries.
- CAN/LIN network understanding.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.