Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
*This role will be located in Irvine, CA*
This role is the critical leadership role responsible for delivering a complete vehicle program to market. This includes establishing and delivering to the agreed content, timing, cost, and quality. Each Vehicle Line Director leads a small support team and indirectly leads across all functions involved in delivering a vehicle program.
- Translate the voice of the customer (internal & external stakeholders) into vehicle level technical and commercial targets
- Develop and hold teams accountable to program milestones and objectives
- Balance vehicle attributes, cost and timing vs. marketing and styling requirements
- Drive world-class engineering solutions and develop new processes in a compressed timeline.
- Ensure effective decision making and risk management.
- Lead cross functional issue resolution and remove roadblocks internally and externally
- On-site leadership at assembly plant or test locations as needed.
- A track record of successfully delivering large scale, complex, cross-functional and capital-intensive projects. Experience is preferred within automotive domain or to have demonstrated outstanding skills from an alternative industry.
- An ability to challenge existing assumptions, concepts and beliefs to develop new methods.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence, inspire and build a culture that comes together to over deliver.
- Understanding of engineering theory, manufacturing techniques and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems from both a hardware and software perspective
- Able to work efficiently and demonstrate composure under high amount of work/stress.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.