Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Drive development of Vehicle Dynamics features relating to Propulsion, Chassis Controls, Torque vectoring and Active Driveline.
- Work cross functionally to define User Stories and Performance Attributes
- Develop and document requirements at vehicle, system and component level with traceability
- Interface between other technical functional domains to ensure proper vehicle level quality and integration
- Support attribute verification and vehicle performance evaluation
- Lead DFMEA efforts and work products using Rivian’s FMEA software tool.
- Contribute to System level Functional Safety work products compliant with ISO 26262 standard guidelines.
- Develop a comprehensive DVP&R working with the development engineers to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests at various levels (SIL, HIL, Component and Vehicle).
- Lead trouble-shooting issues, with exceptional sense of quality and in-depth root cause analysis
- Perform Worst Case Analysis at system level using MBSE, Simulations or first principles
This is what you’ll need:
- Master’s degree or higher in electrical/mechanical/automotive/controls engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience with a focus on improving driving dynamics
- Expertise in either Controls / Electrical / Mechanical engineering
- Experience with electric powertrain systems validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Component/Vehicle)
- Experience performing DFMEAs
- Experience testing at proving grounds preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Passion to create the next best adventure vehicle
- Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
- Requirement management tool experience (such as DOORS or Jama).
- Skilled in one or more: C / C++ / Matlab / Simulink / Adams / MBSE / Python
- Experienced with Vector CAN tools
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.