Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for a strong Engineering Manager to lead our Vehicle Life Cycle Service team as part of the Core Services organization.
In this role, you will build Rivian’s Vehicle Life Cycle service to support partner teams. Vehicle Life Cycle service will integrate with existing set of core services including order management service & external partner team API’s.
This person should be an experienced leader who is able to work with product management, engineering leaders, cross functional teams and architects to envision a world class product. This person should be able to take ownership of their domain, be able to manage uncertainties, and be driven to tackle problems at multiple levels.
Collaboration and partnerships are the paramount in our company culture, and we want leaders who can communicate at a high level but can also talk in low level details to achieve the greater goals.
Key responsibilities are to develop and manage people, provide technical leadership, lead project planning, facilitate communication, offer product vision and triage day to day issues supporting partner teams.
This is a highly cross-functional role with a focus on scalable, cloud native, API driven, serverless microservices
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
- Lead a team of talented engineers to build RESTful microservices and internal tools
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service uptime
- Recruit, mentor and grow world class engineers
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
- Minimum of a combined 10 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineering manager
- Previous experience in vehicle lifecycle, e-commerce, order management, would be highly desirable but not required.
- Must possess strong experience in building cloud native, distributed, and scalable microservices
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.