Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work in fast paced environment to design and develop on vehicle high voltage power electronics components
- Develop packaging design from concept to production phase as Design Release Engineer (DRE)
- Work with System Engineering team to define all technical requirements including Statement of Work (SOW) generation
- Design and package electronics, busbars, wiring harnesses, plastic injection molding parts, casting parts, and machined parts while complying to packaging constraints
- Work with Electrical Engineering team to define the PBCA outline size, board mount connectors, and signal connections
- Review and approve of PCBA drawings
- Track component validation plan and test status with suppliers, and internal Rivian validation teams
- Select prototype and production component suppliers by working with Supply Chain
- Release components in Enovia Systems, and BOM management
- Capture design improvement, changes, and present to stakeholders for part release and change approvals as a DRE
- Perform GD&T and tolerance stack ups
- Perform DFM activities with suppliers
- Support prototype builds by creating assembly instructions and production launch
- Resolve engineering issues and implement short- and long-term solutions
- Report to management on development status
- Work with Technical Program Management (TPM) to ensure all MRDs are met
- Root cause analysis on failed units from testing or the field and driving towards resolution and corrective action.
- Provide technical mentorship and feedbacks to other members on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in automotive or consumer product designs
- Knowledge or experience with sheet metal stamping, casting, and plastic injection molding processes
- Have previously brought a product from concept to mass production stage. Prefer to be on vehicle product.
- Ability to work independently and manage several challenging projects simultaneously
- Product Supply Chain Experience
- Shall be familiar with SAE, UL, NEC, and IEC Standards and its certification processes
- Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio.
- Always maintains a positive and proactive attitude
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electric Power Conversion Group (EPC)
Location: Carson CA 90746
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.