Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Customer Quality Engineer – Energy and Charging role will develop and oversee business processes to review, analyze, and improve the overall quality of residential and public charging products for Rivian customers. This position will own the roadmap to achieving best-in-world quality for electric vehicle charging equipment. Collaboration across multiple stakeholders, ranging from customer service, field service, warranty return center personnel, product engineering and manufacturing engineering, is key to the success of the program.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own and execute the roadmap to achieving best-in-world quality and warranty on assigned products
- Coordinate with warranty returns center personnel and other cross-functional partners to steward Energy and Charging products from failure triage through to permanent corrective action
- Stand up a variety of warranty, quality, and reliability processes to scale with the business
- Develop warranty, quality, and reliability metrics and dashboard capability with data science teams
- Collaborate with supplier quality and reliability teams to drive component-level improvements
- Provide quality and warranty perspectives and requirements into product and manufacturing process design
- Conduct field reliability analysis
- Coordinate and support customer care field programs
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a product quality role
- Familiarity with high voltage products design, testing, and instrumentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience
- Familiarity with reliability engineering concepts, modeling, and tools
- Strong statistical problem-solving capability, Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Experience with new product and process development
- Knowledge of AIAG, APQP, PPAP and related tools
- Demonstrated quality improvements through use of structured problem solving
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Energy Service Operations - Warranty and Remanufacturing
Location: Bloomington/Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.