Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Factory Design and Industrial Engineering team is positioned within the larger Rivian Manufacturing Engineering organization. As one of its members, you will help drive the manufacturing strategy, forecast and validate capacity, and optimize the factory design to meet company volume and cost targets. This position requires someone with a systems level mindset who can navigate seamlessly between fine details and the big picture with a wide breadth of manufacturing knowledge. It also requires working with a number of internal or external cross functional teams including strategy, finance, supply chain, facilities, operations, construction, and more.
What You Will Do
- Own the manufacturing capacity roadmap and forecast for an area(s)
- Design the overall process flow and conceptual layout for the factory
- Define capacity and cost metrics for existing and future manufacturing areas
- Lead the framework to capture and forecast capital or operational expenditures against long range plan
- Conduct trade-off analyses to drive key manufacturing business decisions
- Quantify impact of product design and mix on throughput, performance, and utilization
- Build static and dynamic models to determine line design targets and requirements. Run what-if scenarios and optimization experiments
- Develop standard library of assumptions for availability, performance, and quality based on empirical data and industry standards
- Identify bottlenecks and provide data driven insights on key loss contributors to enable faster production ramp
What We Are Looking For
- S. in Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
- 5+ years of manufacturing or relevant experience (new line launches a plus)
- Experience with capacity planning and discrete event simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic)
- Experience with factory layout, equipment or process planning
- Experience with data analytics, visualization, and programming languages a plus
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time during critical launch phase
Where You Will Work
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Normal, IL or Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.