Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be responsible for the design, development and execution of vehicle program. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement and indirect leadership capability. Able to lead teams to creative solutions and develop new processes in a compressed timeline.
- Design, Development, Validation, Release and Launch Execution of an all new vehicle.
- Engineering leadership including on-site support as needed at assembly plant or test locations.
- Vehicle Balance vs. marketing and styling requirements
- Support physical integration of the vehicle via design reviews with the Chief Engineer
- Support performance integration of vehicle, including driving design solutions for integration issues
- Imperative allocation to SMTs and managing imperative trade-offs
- Engineering budget trade-offs (vehicle and material focus).
- Responsible for program deliverables status at program gateways and weekly executive reviews
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover for cross functional issues
- Run weekly KPI meeting
- Engineering approval responsibility for engineering releases
- Lead Mule build execution
- Assistant to Vehicle Line Director or Vehicle Program Director
- 2 years experience on a program team
- Launch experience on a vehicle program
- DRE experience
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Vehicle integration or calibration experience
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
Education and Training
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Masters Degree (Preferred)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.