Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
The IT program manager is responsible for driving the IT End User Services program to successful completion by performing all or some of the following functions on behalf of Rivian:
- Responsible for full life- cycle of IT End User Services program from initiation to completion. Apply IT program management methodology and appropriate project management, organizational change management framework for all sub-projects. Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all program deliverables as committed.
- Assist End User Services leaders in defining technology and solutions delivery roadmap for the End User Services organization.
- Manage programs focused on driving efficiencies and end-user improvements associated with the end-user products/services such as laptops/desktops, printers, mobile devices, conference room systems, exchange online, collaboration tools, and others as assigned by the leadership team.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of the program including:
- Defining the program charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success
- Developing estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end program execution
- Ensuring business requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Acting as the link between the assigned program resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring program closure, including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop program plan, and execute sub-projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
Responsible for tracking program status and managing program issues and risks, including:
- Monitoring programs on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust program risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing, and commissioning of all projects with no impact on business continuity
- Communicate progress by producing documentation and presentations for program/project team, broader organization, and senior leadership.
Responsible for performing Organizational change management and leading effective program teams, including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to program team members, key stakeholders, and sponsors
- Assess and lead the organization through appropriate change management practices
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a high matrix environment.
This is what you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience in managing complex enterprise-level program
- 7+ years of experience implementing IT End User Services solutions in the automotive industry or relevant experience in complex manufacturing processes
- Proficient in projects/service devliery of End User Services such as Service Desk, Desktopt Support, Asset Management, Endpoints Migration, End User Computing & Engineering, Audio-Visual (AV) Engineering, and Messaging & Collaboration
- Experience with End User Computing solutions such as ConfigMgr (SCCM), Microsoft Intune, Jamf, Office 365, Zoom, and Slack preferred
- PMI PMP certification desired.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) certification desired
- Program management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology. Training and understanding of project domain.
- Understanding of change management practices and experience in utilizing one of the frameworks.
- Strong communication, resource planning, problem-solving, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsiveness to input.
- Based on previous experience utilize best practices, strategies and methods for the proper implementation of Rivian’s Infrastructure solution
- Bachelor's degree required; Advance degree in Engineering or related field.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.