Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
You’ll take the adventure of a lifetime. Rivian is pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a vehicle; you’ll help us do that.
You’ll work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists to build in-vehicle tools tracking vehicle performance and reliability metrics. You’ll create a framework for monitoring and assessing vehicle health that has never been done.
- Design and implement vehicle software in an embedded environment.
- Build vehicle models and apps that uniquely monitor vehicle signals for system health
- Work closely with other engineers and cross-functional teams to build and deploy software
- Define and scope Reliability Diagnostics feature software needs for future Rivian programs
This is what you’ll need:
- Excellent teamwork
- Passion for building an amazing product
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- 5-7 years of experience building and shipping software products
- Software development experience for systems with live sensor inputs
- Deadline driven mentality and ability to guide development along a production cadence
- Interest in working with a focused, multidisciplinary team to create a ground-breaking vehicle application
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with data scientists, software engineers, and mechanical engineers and keep progress moving along a production schedule
- Ability to coordinate and work with broader software teams to drive feature development and release
- Passion for working in a close-knit cross-functional development environment
- Experience in Automotive (preferred) or Consumer Electronics industry
- Experience with or strong interest in audio systems and applications
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.