Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about investigating failures, finding key insights in large datasets, and collaborating across the company with design, finance, service, manufacturing, remanufacturing, purchasing, quality, and supply chain.
This is what you’ll do:
- As a Senior Field Reliability Engineer, you will apply reliability engineering concepts to continuously improve reliability for low voltage electrical systems across all of Rivian’s products.
- Utilize reliability statistics to identify reliability trends in the field and provide a clear snapshot of risk.
- Facilitate root cause investigations, with a major focus on physics of failure and a data-driven approach.
Day In Life
- Create statistical analysis of reliability data by identifying the most appropriate life metric to create meaningful reliability analyses, ranging from simple time or miles analysis to big data physics of failure driven approaches. Utilize big data for reliability, using the new possibilities that a connected car and a direct servicing strategy allow.
- Create reliability forecasts to provide visibility to design, finance, service, manufacturing, remanufacturing, purchasing, quality, and supply chain allowing early insight on field issues and a coordinated technical and business strategy for deployment of containment and countermeasures.
- Facilitate root cause investigations for field failures, with a major focus on physics of failure and a data-driven approach.
- Analyze usage, stress and environmental conditions from the field to continuously improve product requirements and test methods.
- Provide reliability design and process guidelines based on field findings and maintain a knowledge base of reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
This is what you’ll need:
Must have a Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline or equivalent job experience. Preferably 3-5 years of experience in a reliability engineering role. Level of role depends on experience and qualifications. In addition, a strong technical background, interest in reliability and experience in the following areas:
- Experience with applied statistics in the field of Reliability
- Experience with a coding language, preferably Python.
- Experience creating effective problem resolution methods and leading cross functional teams.
- Experience with reliability concepts, and applying Weibull analysis to drive priorities in reliability.
- Practical hands on experience in the failure analysis process
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
- Experience with electrical systems and schematics
- Knowledge of PCBA troubleshooting techniques
- Understanding of physics of failure for low voltage passive and active electrical components and PCBAs
- Experience with statistical software for reliability, such as JMP or the ReliaSoft suite
- Working knowledge of database tools, preferably MySQL
- Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs.
- Experience in Python with Pandas
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, X-ray, CT, FTIR, SEM, EDS.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.