Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for someone who is not content with a narrow focus and who likes to follow a project to completion. You rely on your experience but always use sound engineering fundamentals to validate your gut. You have spent considerable time on the shop floor, potentially starting as a tool and die maker, but have progressed your skills upstream and can easily interact with design studio, release engineering, and manufacturing engineering to achieve the highest quality product outcome. You are comfortable, even enjoy, open ended assignments and are highly self-motivated.
- Evaluate potential part construction techniques to assess interference with the dies in advance of CAD creation.
- Support vehicle development and design teams to ensure tooling and tooling integration for all designed components.
- Analyze CAD models to assess and assure automation curves for all the transfers systems.
- Iterate on component design with design and release engineers based on automation tooling, transfer curves, press capabilities and design requirements.
- Provide design direction, best practices, and simple tools to aid engineering in material and process and parts selection.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to thetooling suppliers
- Write RFQ's for the automation tooling supplier to send to Rivian Global tooling suppliers
- Assure minimum number of operations, process best practices, press loading, and program investment targets are being followed
- Responsible for managing CAD data and LD release levels to ensure stamping automation tooling match with the latter and gather die design.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow relevant tooling, (transfer and idle stations) through completion, to entail the following: Concept, design, construction, certification, repeatability and EC incorporation
- Manage, review and approve all supplier;
- Feasibility, process and designs to include stamping die tooling and Kinematics/transfer automation design to meet best practices for material utilization and process capability
- Responsible for managing the financials of automation tooling packages at the suppliers including but not limited to: writing purchase reqs, managing and negotiating EC costs, approving progressive invoicing and following up to make sure the supplier is paid to the terms agreed upon
- Maintain program timing and report significant deviations (>1 week) to management
- Manage Automation Tooling supplier contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Support in the development of all Stamping Engineering processes and procedures
- Support cost reductions as a champion of good, fundamental design across the vehicle
- Coach and develop the Stamping Engineering team to help meets agreed objectives and deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvement
- Once the Tooling is received and launch focus on the continues improvement process on increasing and maintain press speed
- Be present at production facility for T0, T1, T2, and MPHO events to assist in transfer tooling installation, recipe load, troubleshooting, and SPM achievement and improvement
- Knowledge of automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal processes, metal forming as well as tooling design and construction
- Clear understanding of Automation Curves for transfer system
- Understanding of curve and cad simulation software (Catia, Solid Works, or equivalent)
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience in dealing and communicating with internal customers and suppliers
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a minimum of 10 years experience in Stamping Engineering
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas and to on-site build/launch locations for extended periods
- Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc.).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.