Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Engineering capability is at the core of our success to innovate and deliver efficient designs and high performing vehicles.
Future Engineers will need to have the ability to create, analyze, optimize and innovate designs that are manufacturing feasible and provide best in class levels of execution using advanced tools and processes.
The future is now
The Trail Graduate Rotational Program Provides:
- Practical cross-functional, hands-on experience, working on projects that are critical to the business.
- Balance of core rotations, and individualized rotations that will be geared towards critical business need and continuously expanding your skills.
- Multi-level mentorship (Executive, Core, Peer) to help guide you through your rotational journey.
- Rotations range from 3-6 months of practical experience.
- Team examples: (Note: teams continue to be added for continued evolution of program)
- Vehicle Development/Vehicle Testing
- Design and Release Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- System Simulation [Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE),
- Controls, Attributes & Performance
- Product Launch
- Use physics of failure, statistics and first principles engineering to improve product reliability, both during development and in the field
- Partner with design teams to faciliate DFMEAs, create meaningful test plans and support problem resolution for failure modes
- Use data and statistics to improve our understanding of stresses, usage, environment and create more robust products
- Completion of a B.S or M.S in an Engineering or STEM Discipline
- Basic knowledge or interest in statistics
- Previous automotive experience a plus.
- Relative internship experience in the Tech, Automotive, or Mobility Industry is preferred
- Ability to effectively participate in a cross functional team
- Prior impact demonstrated through technical internships desired.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.