Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Security Emergency Preparedness Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development and coordination of the Security Emergency Preparedness Program at the Normal facility. The coordinator supports the Rivian Emergency Management Program and Security services through strategic planning, development of operational documentation and practical application of an all-hazards program. The coordinator will act as a point of contact for a variety of Rivian stakeholders within the Normal facility and Enterprise wide. The coordinator must be comfortable working with a wide network of stakeholders as a conduit of support and foster inter-department communications for Security Emergency preparedness matters. In addition, the coordinator will provide guidance and solutions in line with Security strategy and risk management initiatives. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This is a fast-paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
- Support the development, validation and deployment of the Security Emergency Preparedness Program and services (prevention, protection, preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery) consistent with code requirements and best practices
- Develop and implement operations standards, Rivian policies and procedures that support the Security program and the Rivian business model.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on emergency coordination, crisis response and program and security intelligence. This is a highly visible role, requiring the ability to work effectively with stakeholders across the organization.
- Support Threat Management, Workplace Violence and Security Emergency Management programs
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop Security risk mitigating strategies.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Participate, plan, develop, and facilitate emergency incident/response training and exercises
- Provide support to business partners during emergency events, disruptions and manage the escalation and communication to leadership.
- Support a cross-organizational crisis management team in situations when the GSOC or SOC activates in an Incident Command (IC) role.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in emergency management or security services
- Experience in the development, implementation, and sustainment of an Emergency Management program.
- Ability to write clear and concise policy, procedures and working documents
- Proficient knowledge of threat management or workplace violence policy, procedures, and industry best practices
- Preferred experience supporting a Security Operations Center (SOC) and Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) within an Emergency Management Program
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.