Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Oversee vehicle test operations for the Software organization: coordinate feature tests, extended mileage accumulation tests, software upgrades, and maintenance across the Software vehicle fleet
- Develop vehicle test procedures and routes to verify and validate software features, both in the garage and on the road
- Create and execute test campaigns to continuously validate software feature stability across the vehicle fleet
- Conduct mileage accumulation drive tests alongside drivers: perform real-time test execution and data/driver feedback collection
- Review vehicle data to identify, triage, and debug issues
- Create, review, and optimize test processes to improve test cadences and efficiency
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering field
- 3+ years of experience performing large-scale integrated test operations (automotive, aerospace, etc.)
- Comfortable with software development (C, Python, MATLAB/Simulink) and software test concepts such as version control (git); unit/integration/regression testing; and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of automotive systems (vehicle dynamics, body controls, powertrain, suspension, thermal management)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex, integrated systems (mechanical, electrical, software)
- Experience writing and optimizing test procedures
- High levels of personal autonomy and intrinsic motivation
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguous requirements and aggressive timeline
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.