Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Position: Head of Data Analytics/Finance Business Intelligence
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Architect, deliver and manage the data, analytics and reporting infrastructure required by the
Rivian Finance team to effectively deliver flexible and scalable management reporting and data
analyses across all aspects of Rivian’s business and financial activities
• Collaborate with source system owners, finance analysts and IT partners to design, build and
maintain rich, high granularity, curated datasets, transforming and integrating data from
multiple sources to drive business understanding and insights
• Develop and manage Rivian’s Enterprise Performance Management platform (EPM) providing
robust, flexible and easily managed datasets for FP&A analysts in support of company
planning, reporting and analysis activities
• Lead Finance team’s Master Data Management initiatives, ensuring a comprehensive and
internally consistent data architecture and consistent adherence to compliance, data security,
and privacy standards. Includes coordinating Finance team inputs to system and data
architecture decision making for cross-functional platforms, principally ERP, PLM, MES, CRM,
Product and vendor Management
• Lead and manage a dedicated team of technology specialists and effectively partner with
analysts and leadership across the Finance team and IT partners
• Drive the development and growth of analyst data skills across the org, including an
increasingly sophisticated ability to effectively identify, self-serve and analyse financial and
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• 12+ years experience of successfully delivering Finance datasets and analytics / reporting
infrastructure and tools in manufacturing / hardware / high-tech environments. Strong
knowledge of Finance and accounting processes, data concepts and structures,
• Proven ability to build, lead and develop high-performing teams and collaborate effectively
across functions and stakeholders in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environments
• 8+ years experience of leveraging Enterprise-grade Cloud-based data warehouse platforms
such as AWS RedShift, Snowflake, Big Query etc. to deliver high impact solutions for Finance
and Business stakeholders
• Detailed knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP platform data infrastructures (SAP Group
reporting or other consolidation tool experience a plus); multi-dimensional EPM tools such as
Hyperion Essbase, Adaptive; reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI
• Superior soft skills including communications, influencing, prioritization and stakeholder
management, effectively translating across the finance and technical / IT worlds. Comfortable
with ambiguity and fast-evolving work environments.
• Primary degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline.
Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration and / or CPA qualification a
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.