Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Software Engineering Manager (Charging)
This is the role:
As an Engineering Manager at Rivian, you will be leading a talented and highly motivated team of Front End and Backend Engineers for the Rivian Charging team, whose responsibility is to build (and scale) new features and applications on the Rivian Charging Cloud platform.
This is what you'll do:
- Lead one of our core engineering teams; including attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent.
- Partner with Product Managers/Design to provide technical guidance in support of building a phenomenal product.
- Execute against development projects - organization, coordination and ongoing project management.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to balance innovation, quality, and technical debt.
- Work with a “Think Tank” of peers to develop, define, and deliver against Rivian’s technical roadmap.
- Play an active role in shaping and evangelizing Rivian’s global full stack engineering organization.
This is what you’ll need:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 5+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems.
- 3+ years of managing development teams building custom products with scalability and usability in mind.
- 6+ years of hands on development experience with some of the following technologies:
- Experience building micro-services at scale within a cloud environment capable of handling millions of transactions/second.
- Experience in a cloud native or cloud based environment like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience around system visibility – Event logging, distributed tracing, etc...
- Experience working with UX/UI and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive and reactive applications.
- Knowledge of IoT device management , secure communication methods and SEO principles. (highly preferred).
Here is where you'll work:
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.