Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the monthly global consolidation process in SAP Group Reporting
- Ensure that all intercompany balances and transactions are correctly eliminated in consolidation
- Prepare topside adjusting and elimination journal entries as needed
- Validate the currency translation impact of foreign entities
- Rapidly resolve any issues that arise during the consolidation process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated and standalone financial statements
- Proactively design, implement, and maintain processes improvements to increase consolidation and financial reporting efficiencies
- Assist with the preparation of financial reporting packages, including financial statement footnotes and support
- Support business users with developing custom reports in Group Data Analysis and Analysis for Office (AO)
- Work closely with FP&A to ensure consolidated accounting data is accurately loaded to Workday Adaptive Planning
- Review all master data management changes made by the IT Financial Systems Team
- Oversee the development and proper use of statistical accounts
- Proactively design, implement and maintain consolidation related controls, policies and procedures
- Provide new reporting users with Group Data Analysis and Analysis for Office (AO) training
- Assist with preparing the monthly management reporting package
- Work cross-functionally on special projects, as needed
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of corporate or public accounting work experience
- 2+ years of experience running consolidation in SAP Group Reporting or SAP BPC
- 2+ years of experience using Analysis for Office (AO)
- Experience using Workday Adaptive Planning a plus but not required
- Strong understanding of intercompany eliminations, foreign currency translation, and topside adjusting journal entries
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small
- Results-driven, customer service oriented
- Proven ability in developing, implementing, and maintaining process improvements
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.