Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Research and document complete remanufacturing procedures from CAD
- Ensure that all procedures are written clearly, consistently, and accurately and can be used by technicians in the field
- Write remanufacturing procedures according to standard automotive and documentation best practices
- Interact with subject matter experts (design engineers, technicians) to ensure accuracy
- Work with subject matter experts to integrate necessary vehicle software procedures into mechanical procedures
- Assist other technical specialists with clear writing
- Structure manuals based on developed hierarchies
- Review all procedures to get engineering sign-off
- Use Photoshop and SnagIt to edit photographs and CAD images
- Assist in maintaining source control of all manuals
- Interact with the entire Service Engineering & Operations Organization
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2+ years experience in the automotive repair industry
- 2+ years experience in creating clear vehicle documentation
- 2+ years experience in using structured authoring tools (DITA XML preferred)
- Familiarity with CAD software (CATIA preferred)
- Knowledge of lean processes
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable though
- text and graphics.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and effectively in performing task or duties as assigned
- to completion
- Good time management skills and ability to work within guidelines
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, Adobe products, and documentation tools
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Ability to travel about 10-15% of the time when needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.