Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking to hire a Director, Finance to lead its Construction & Facilities finance team to support our growing organization and aggressive global factory expansion plans. The role can be based either out of our office in El Segundo, CA, or Palo Alto, CA.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead through others; manage and build the Construction and Facilities finance team
- Own the construction spend forecast for expansion work at Normal, IL and future greenfield factories
- Be a key strategic partner for our Construction and Facilities team, leading finance activities for all future construction, including factories, service and retail centers, and workplace locations, as well as ongoing facility operations
- Interface with company executives to discuss past performance as well as long range strategic planning
- Design & prepare recurring reports and live dashboards for key metrics across the Construction & Facilities organization
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making
- Create and measure KPIs to ensure industry-leading construction performance
- Drive cost improvements and partner with our construction team to explore novel construction methods to improve lead times & cost
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to also step back and see the big picture
- An egoless attitude with a willingness to build new processes from the ground-up
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with imperfect data and little direction
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate stories to leadership in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Expert at Excel and PowerPoint a requirement
- Experience with Tableau, PowerQuery, SQL, and/or PowerBI a plus
- 10 years of experience in Finance and/or Construction, with 5+ years in Construction Finance, Project Controls, and/or Cost Management for large ($1B+) projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Construction Management, or another relevant degree
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA or El Segundo, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.