Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do
- Define and lead technical solutions for component network interfaces, software and hardware interface requirements across Rivian programs.
- Develop and document requirements for our Vehicle Energy features, including: Charging, Range estimation, & Low Voltage System & algorithms.
- Align the intended technical implementation cross-functionally with other teams. Optimize for the best solution. Iterate to gain confidence in the integration of your solutions.
- Ensure requirement traceability from the component level up to the vehicle level functional requirements. Use Rivian’s internal requirements capture tool.
- Lead and moderate requirement reviews. Keep the team updated on potential changes in requirements.
- Lead Software DFMEA effort and document using Rivian’s FMEA software tool.
- Develop and maintain our Functional Safety work products, compliant with ISO 26262 standard guidelines for control software.
- Develop a comprehensive DVP&R working with the development engineers to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests at various levels (SIL, HIL, Component and Vehicle).
- Assist in troubleshooting system issues on Labcar & vehicles found during validation.
This is what you’ll need:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the requirement management process of safety critical systems.
- Experience with power electronic validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Component/Vehicle) preferred
- Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
- Experience leading DFMEAs and the 5 Step VDA approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Energy Management Systems
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.