Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead cross-functional team in order to execute development and validation testing
- Lead module/pack level life cycle testing
- Lead electrical component (fuses, contactors, busbars) characterization and durability tests
- Lead EMC pack level testing, joint fatigue testing, dynamic shock, and vibration testing, humidity testing, corrosion testing, ingress protection testing, safety and abuse testing, homologation testing, or BMS functional safety and algorithm regression testing
- Resolves technical problems encountered with the setup and execution of electrical or Mechanical testing
- Prioritize resources to meet schedules and goals
- Lead standard operating procedure creation to be used in the battery lab
- Own the execution of all tests (electrical or mechanical) for the ESS Team within Rivian and third-party facilities
- Lead development of test procedures that define instrumentation, fixturing, test environment, etc.
- Design lab assemblies and equipment for optimizing test efficiency
- Secure required instrumentation and equipment for various durability tests
- Oversee test execution on component, subsystem, and system-level test assets
- Report back test progress in Jira ticketing system
- Ensure data quality from executed tests
- Coordinate efforts with external labs and suppliers
- Support FMEA and CAE efforts
- Support failure analysis activities of prototype and production representative test assets
- Automate processes where applicable
- Follow and enforce all lab safety protocols
- 4-year degree in electrical or industrial technology, or closely related subject
- Minimum 5 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical tests (EMC, fuse time/current characteristics, fuse coordination, electrical component durability), Li-ion life cycle testing, and equipment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment, test methods, and test specifications (UN38.3, GBT, etc.) preferred
- Strong knowledge of fixture design, fabrication methods, and test equipment preferred
- Experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Experience with lab instruments: DMM, oscilloscope, HIL
- Familiarity with CANalyzer, CANape
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.