Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Co-Op Term: Spring 2022 (January - September)
Work location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Rivian co-ops are experiences optimized for student candidates currently attending a Canadian institution. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers.
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
- Designing and developing automation test framework and its associated SDK for mobile devices on iOS/Android framework. Such as Python Selenium and Appium test framework, Postman API Testing Framework and JMeter others
- Designing and developing automation tools and test environments and integrating with Jenkins/Gitlab
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Collaborating with the and product and the development teams to create test plans and test cases for app features.
- Validating new builds, creating and managing defects. Presenting test reports to the teams and managers
- Manual testing with our lab car/R1X, cloud backend and mobile app – unique opportunity to work with both software and hardware
- Identifying potential problems and working with developers to resolve application bottlenecks.
- Designing, building and maintaining electronic parts and equipment on test benches
- Growing your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks
- This position requires hands on physical interaction with hardware in the Vancouver office.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical area of study.
- Familiarity with Python, Shell, Bash.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools including Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket and others. Use Git bash.
- Familiarity with various APIs, DB and related tools.
- Experience with software test cycle and continuous integration.
- Experience with electronic parts with firmware, electrical equipment and other hardware.
- Familiarity with iOS/Android Frameworks and platforms, MacOS, Linux and Windows. Be able to config and manage these platforms.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills. Good at documentation to share knowledge.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional.
- Currently attending an accredited degree program in Canada.
- Very strong coding experience in any of the following: Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, Swift, or other related technologies.
- Deep knowledge of the Android and/or iOS development ecosystems.
- Strong experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work full-time during the length of the 8 month co-op.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.