Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Environmental Waste Handling Technician will assist in the management of all wastes and materials for disposal or reclaim in on the Rivian Normal Campus, Primarily warehousing, North Battery campus, Battery pack assembly, and Service buildings, but may also support the main manufacturing floor and out buildings as needed.
Operation of Fork Lift, tugger, dollies and pallet jacks to transport drummed and palleted waste
Organization of storage areas, both line side and waste storage.
Respond to spills and maintain spill response equipment and consumables
Packaging and labeling of containers in preparation for shipments.
Support Waste Water operation as needed.
Conduct inspections and report findings to supervision
Maintain waste tracking data using log sheets and/or software.
Demonstrate proactive leadership on the job, including communicating regulatory requirements to team members.
Identify environmental, health and safety issues, resolve minor EHS issues and notify supervisor of significant issues.
Assist with the development of job task hazard analysis, personal protective equipment analysis, and standard operating procedures.
Conduct and participate in Environmental audits.
Communicate results and recommendations
Participate in incident investigations and the corrective action process.
Work within state and federal regulations, corporate standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance
Help with administrative duties as needed
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree or better, preferred.
- Material Handling experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Chemistry and/or Hazardous Material Handling.
- Ability to understand and properly implement Federal and State Regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with Vendors or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.