Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking to hire a Finance Manager for its growing team to support our Cell Manufacturing organization, based out of our development site in Palo Alto, CA.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Serve as the key strategic finance partner for our Cell Manufacturing team
- Organize and structure weekly/monthly reporting and forecasting processes for the Cell Manufacturing team
- Forecast and track all aspects of costs within cell manufacturing: material, labor, capital, logistics, and everything else
- Drive cost reduction projects across the battery cell value chain, from mining to final assembly
- Partner with supply chain to implement cost-savings projects from in-house R&D learnings
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for make vs. buy business cases and other strategic business decisions
- Interface with executives and provide regular updates on cell cost and strategy
- Understand and track the global battery cell and raw material industry
- Consolidate recurring forecasts for the Cell Manufacturing organization, including headcount, operating, and capital expenses
- Partner with Accounting and other Finance teams to perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities; includes managing accruals and preparing close presentations
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing and ambiguous environment with imperfect data
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Expert at Excel, and a strong proficiency with PowerPoint required
- Experience with SAP, Tableau, PowerQuery, PowerBI, and/or SQL a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, or relevant experience in a related field highly preferred, MBA or Masters in Engineering a big plus
- Battery industry experience or deep knowledge is a strong plus
- 6 years of relevant experience in Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or other related field required
- Ability to travel/commute to different locations in the SF/Oakland Bay Area
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.