Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- The Waste Water Operator will be responsible for the operation and troubleshooting of the Rivian Waste Water Pretreatment Plant and RO systems
- The Operator will work with Paint shop pretreatment to manage water stream appropriately and comply with Federal, State and Municipal Regulations and permit levels
- MUST be able to pass IEPA Class K Industrial Pretreatment Certification for the Rivian System after appropriate training and education.
- Assess Lab Data and make appropriate operational adjustments to maintain operation below permitted levels.
- Conduct light repair and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Collect samples as needed for Laboratory analysis.
- Provide support as needed for other EHS functions.
- Associates degree in Industrial Education, Environmental Health and Safety, or 5+ years of waste water systems management experience preferred
- Ability to conduct or ability to learn operation of lab equipment to conduct testing is beneficial.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
NOTE: This is a 2nd shift position.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.