Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is WHO you are:
The Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for automating the test execution pipeline, maintaining result database/repository, deploying automation packages, and developing integration applications for multiple types of test systems & test domains across the BMS organization.
You’ll work in the BMS Test Group in the Test Automation Team under the direction of the Test Automation Lead, to design test integration and data integrity solutions for Rivian Automotive and oversee software test integrity throughout product lifecycles.
This is what you’ll do:
- Simulation: Develop framework for MIL/SIL/HIL
- Experience developing simulation framework in the automotive sector is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink is helpful
- CI/CD: Develop Jenkins Pipelines for deploying jobs and tests across multiple systems
- Experience with building Jenkins pipelines and groovy scripts is a must
- Retrieve test cases from JAMA, facilitate the execution of test scripts on various test platforms, retrieve test results and upload data to various databases across Rivian
- This role does not develop the localized automation on individual test platforms
- Integrate pipelines with various triggers like Git, Artifactory or local
- Deploy Kubernetes and docker containers to run automation scripts
- Quickly come up with solutions to integrate tools into the pipeline as well as adapt to rapidly changing processes
- Tools: In collaboration with the Test Automation Lead, develop front-end and back-end infrastructure for web apps and tools required by individual test systems
- Demonstrate excellence in OO programming in Python is a must
- Develop and deploy web apps and integrate them with databases and dashboards
- Experience with AWS EC2 and database instances is desirable
- Experience with REST API is a plus
- Experience with shell scripting on both Linux and Windows
- Understand how a tester uses the system and automate processes and functions that support this work
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, GIT is a plus
- Visualization/Analysis: Develop tools for visualization and dashboarding
- Experience with dashboards to portray performance metrics of the test systems as well as the software data
- Understand utilization and uptime tracking to develop a visualization records for day, month, or year, etc.
- Develop post processing methods/scripts to automatically analyze test data
- Experience with dashboarding tools like Grafana, Power BI etc.
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ work experience in related field is preferred
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline
- Proven experience with test automation framework preferably in automobile sector
- Excellent in Python, C#
- Excellent in Linux and Windows shell scripting
- Experience with databases (Postgres, MySql, MongoDb etc) as well as data store files (JSON, YAML etc)
- Excellent in Jenkins pipeline, Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS services (e.g., EC2, S3, RDS etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments is a plus
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Issue tracking and workflow tools (e.g., Jira, ClearQuest, Bugzilla, etc.)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: BMS Test Team
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.