Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Co-Op Term: Spring 2022 (January - September)
Work location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Rivian co-ops are experiences optimized for student candidates currently attending a Canadian institution. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers.
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
- Design and develop Rivian infotainment applications on Android OS.
- Design and write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product and UI/UX design teams to define application features.
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations.
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release.
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development.
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study.
- Experience programming in Kotlin, Java, Android SDK or C++.
- Positive attitude and a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Have an interest and experience in application development.
- Ability to manage your workload with some supervision.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Strong background in Android and mobile development.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Android and Android Jetpack APIs, including knowledge of Android NDK and JNI.
- Android design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Android’s performance and testing framework.
- Embedded Android framework services.
- Developing mapping, multi-media, and Bluetooth solutions is a plus.
- Push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum practices.
- Strong experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work full-time during the length of the 8 month co-op.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.