Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Define, design, architect and drive development of Vehicle Dynamics features relating to Propulsion, Chassis Controls, Torque vectoring and Active Driveline.
- Work cross functionally to define User Stories and Performance Attributes
- Architect end to end solutions (Requirements to EOL tests) for vehicle features
- Develop and document functional requirements at vehicle, system and component level with traceability
- Perform Dynamic Stability analysis for EV powertrains for reliable off-road performance and contribute to vehicle attribute definitions.
- Define dynamic control requirements based on AI and Machine learning
- Interface between other technical functional domains to ensure proper vehicle level quality and integration
- Manage and moderate requirement reviews.
- Lead DFMEA efforts and work products using Rivian’s FMEA software tool.
- Contribute to System level Functional Safety work products compliant with ISO 26262 standard guidelines.
- Develop a comprehensive DVP&R working with the development engineers to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests at various levels (SIL, HIL, Component and Vehicle).
- Lead trouble-shooting issues, with exceptional quality and in-depth root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical/automotive/controls engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of vehicle dynamics systems experience
- Experience with electric powertrain systems validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Component/Vehicle)
- Off-road vehicle development experience
- Experience performing DFMEAs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Passion to create the next best adventure vehicle
- Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
- Requirement management tool experience (such as DOORS or Jama).
- Skilled in one or more: C / C++ / Python / Matlab / Simulink / Adams / MBSE
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.