Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team to develop battery cells for Rivian!
- Own one or multiple electrode manufacturing processes within the cell engineering team.
- Understand process capabilities through design of experiment and data analysis
- Develop and optimize process conditions for new materials, recipes and design
- Lead new process development from validation at pilot scales to the scale-up in mass production
- Develop and manage PFMEA risk assessments to prioritize process improvement projects
- Drive a multi-functional team to solve technically complex problems using first principle and data driven methodologies
- Bachelor/Masters/PhD degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Material Engineering, or similar technical field
- Bachelor with 5+ years and Master/PhD with 3+ years of experience in roll-to-roll equipment in pilot or mass production environment
- Experiences with roll-to-roll battery manufacturing process including mechanical slitter, calender, coater, winder, annealing, and laser notching equipment are highly desirable.
- Proven ability to scale up a process from lab/pilot scale to high volume production
- Experience in pilot/mass-production process development and process control
- Experience with ramp up equipment in high-volume manufacturing environment
- Excel in Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical analysis software (e.g. JMP)
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become a subject matter expert to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors, etc.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for learning quickly
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.