Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work alongside feature champion(s) to develop integration and test plans for vehicle control features, focusing on propulsion safety
- Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements
- Lead collaboration with functional safety engineers to develop test plans and validation criteria
- Lead building test cases from test plans at a HIL and SIL level
- Ensure full test coverage is implemented. Collaborate with test engineers as needed
- Work with calibration engineers to identify necessary testing and validation activities
- Execute in-vehicle-level testing across the program lifecycle (i.e., in development of vehicle control features; as regression within software release cycles; and fault injection testing)
- Determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to perform verification/validation on the vehicle platform
- Identify, develop, and implement methods to automate and streamline testing
- Lead troubleshooting of issues and to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document and track issues
This is what you’ll need:
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering. MS degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience developing SIL, HIL, or vehicle level test cases for vehicle control software features and regression test
- Experience in vehicle testing related to diagnostics and/or functional safety
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.), issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.), SW version control tools (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.) preferred
- Technical understanding of electric vehicle architecture
- Effective at troubleshooting and root causing issues in complex systems
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, ETH, LIN, etc.)
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional disciplines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.