Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead team of technical leaders in order to execute development and validation testing
- Oversee mechanical development and validation testing
- Review project objectives to ensure platform success
- Contributes to companywide policies for safe battery practices
- Translate future platform level requirements and goals to the organization’s priorities and equipment needs
- Approve Rivian testing standards and standard operation procedures
- Establishes requirements and needs for future lab development
- Prioritize project timelines and goals
- Oversee the execution of various mechanical tests in Rivian and third-party facilities
- Approve test procedures that define instrumentation, fixturing, test environment, etc.
- Lead business case planning in order to secure required instrumentation and equipment for various mechanical and durability tests
- Manage test progress in Jira ticketing system
- Review data reports from executed tests
- Organize resources in order to support FMEA and CAE efforts
- Organize resources in order to support failure analysis activities of prototype and production representative test assets
- Approve, follow, and enforce all lab safety protocols
- 4-year degree in mechanical or industrial technology, or closely related subject
- Minimum 5 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical tests (thermal, salt spray, submersion, high pressure spray, environmental, dynamics, quasi-static) and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment, test methods, and test specifications (UN38.3, GBT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of fixture design, fabrication methods, and test equipment
- Prior experience working with high voltage systems
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.