Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team developing next generation battery cells for Rivian!
- Set up, calibrate, and run metrology equipment to characterize materials and product
- Define manufacturing strategies for R&D, pilot, and/or mass production volume production with several order of manitudes improvement
- Perform research and development activities for new Mix system design and technologies
- Combine innovative mechanical, controls, and process techniques to establish novel approaches to improve mixing efficiency and material charge/discharge times while maintaining product quality
- Investigate feasibility studies to aid validation of Mixing manufacturing strategies
- Work with external and internal equipment suppliers to design and deliver manufacturing line
- Develop process and equipment specifications, assess vendor capabilities and make sourcing recommendations based on data
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies
- Work with cell material suppliers on electrode related issues in production, lead teams to assess path forward
- Ensure equipment and process compliance with applicable standards, policies, acts, regulations and code
- Masters/PhD degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field
- 3+ years of experience working with Mixing equipment and Metrology
- Familiar with Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Gauge Repeatability & Reproducibility (GR&R), with strong foundation in statistics and data analysis
- Experience in setting up and running Mixing equipment design. Familiar with batch mixers, continuous mixers, spray dryers, and/or reactors. Understands intricacies of complex material order of additions based on material property data
- Has knowledge of highly accurate powder conveyance (e.g. screw feeders, air locks, pneumatic feeders, storage hoppers, filter receivers, dust collectors), liquid and slurry conveyance (e.g. various pumps, flowmeters, cooling/heating control loops, etc.)
- Proven ability to scale process/equipment from lab to high volume
- Experience in high-throughput manufacturing and data collection (MES). Has knowledge of Mixing modeling (e.g. Comsol, ANSYS, etc.
- Experience in solving manufacturing engineering and production challenges
- Ability to follow through and make significant progress in a fast pace, demanding, dynamic environment
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors, etc.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as requirements of position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.