Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design and develop Web Applications using appropriate technologies on the cloud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including infotainment developers, product and UI/UX design teams to define application features.
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations.
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release.
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development.
- Write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases.
- Follow company standards & procedures, research and recommend improvements when possible.
- Work closely with DevOps to setup CI/CD pipelines and support deployments
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases.
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred).
- Proven Web App developer with 5+ years of experience.
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java and Python.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Proficiency with Spring Framework, preferably Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of latest OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Knowledge of Java/Kotlin performance and testing frameworks.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with k8s, SAST, DAST, logging, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Experience working on AWS and designing & implementing CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with different languages and web frameworks like node.js and/or flask is a plus.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with the best-in-class software development practices.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Gitlab and others.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum practices.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.