Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Partner with teams across Service on the implementation, sustainment, and improvement of the Rivian Integrated Operating System through coaching, doing, auditing, and assisting.
- Work with Department and Service leadership to drive ownership of Metric and Continuous Improvement Boards by championing the scorecard and audit process for assigned area.
- Help to hold teams accountable across the organization by tracking metric trends, project status, improvement idea flow, and closure of gaps to goals and audit scores.
- Lead by doing; sharing success as a mentor, coach, and resource for problem solving, metric goals, and projects to improve performance. This is about capability and improving the team, not cutting costs.
- Work with corporate Centers of Excellence to continually improve the RIOS framework and share knowledge.
- Support training teams with technician onboarding on Day 1 to establish and support core culture.
- Create adoption and be the resource to an assigned region can “Zoom Out” and problem solve in assigned areas
- Represent all stakeholders in Rivian in tackling problems, not people.
- Minimum five years of related experience. Seniority based on years of industry experience in a field related to Automotive, Mobility, Strategy, New Ventures, Engineering, Operations, or Customer Experience (Retail, Service).
- Bachelor’s degree required in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business. Non-degreed candidates will be evaluated that can demonstrate exceptional backgrounds and ability to do the job.
- Hands-on experience leading projects and processes involving cross functional teams.
- Certifications in Project Management Methodology, Lean, and Six-Sigma (Green Belt Minimum) preferred.
- Ability to break down a problem into first-principles, understand flow, and identify a more effective way.
- Entrepreneurial, Growth and Innovation mindset. This is not a cost-cutting role.
- Breadth of exposure and demonstrated understanding of multiple company functions and how they connect. Ex: Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities. Retail and Service. Finance.
- Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and constructive team-player.
- Travel Requirements of Position: 75% regional travel to different Rivian Service locations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.