Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
• The Manufacturing Quality Engineer position is responsible for the quality performance within the General Assembly area of the plant. This position will require combined skills of data analysis, assembly process knowledge, automotive quality tools, structured problem solving, while working with cross-functional teams to support and improve vehicle quality performance.
• Areas of responsibility may include Chassis, Trim, Final assembly.
• Collaborate with Engineering/Manufacturing/Launch teams in driving issues to containment
• Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
• Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
• Deliver quality tool training to team members
• Identify and contain suspect defective material
• Develop and maintain PFMEA’s
• Assist supplier quality functions with containment and structured problem-solving
• Facilitate structured problem-solving
• Utilize advanced metrology equipment to process capability improvements
• Champion continuous improvement projects utilizing Rivian Internal Operating Systems
• Create, monitor, and provide quality performance data and analysis for key KPI’s for KPI boards
• Utilize quality alerts for inline and end of line concerns to bring awareness to inspectors and operators
• Champion the Rivian Compass Values to sustain a quality-based culture
• Develop and maintain complete vehicle scorecard reporting process to track performance and drive continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Black Belt, CQE or equivalent certification desired
• Cross functional technical, analytical and communication skills to report out quality performance to peers and management teams
• Manufacturing and/or Quality experience
• OEM New Product Launch, and Automotive Production Quality
• Demonstrated working knowledge of:
o Six Sigma Methodologies,
o AIAG/APQP/PPAP Toolset including PFMEA/DFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, SPC, etc
o Metrology equipment
• End of Line testing vehicle testing
• Good oral and written communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.