Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
As a Senior Homologation Engineer this role will lead engineers and specialists that make up the Homologation team responsible for all global vehicle certification and homologation. Responsibilities include:
- Manage to achieve vehicle self-certification or homologation in global markets (US, Canada, Europe, China, etc) for consumer and commercial vehicles to allow timely product launch.
- Monitor the status of applicable global regulations (F/CMVSS, ECE, GB, etc)- and anylize the impact on Rivian products.
- Communicate current and upcoming requirements to the engineering team and other stakeholders, through formal and informal design reviews, and legal requirements management tool.
- Assist interpreting global regulatory requirements, including seeking out interpretations as needed.
- Work with design and engineering teams to assist the design reviews and track the compliance status for all regulatory topics.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure the completion of self-certification and homologation activities.
- Interface with applicable regulatory bodies (NHTSA, Transport Canada, EU Technical Services, etc) as needed.
- Monitor product changes and update compliance reports or type approval certificates as needed.
- Oversee and lead the operation, growth and development of the Homologation team.
- Hire and train a team of dynamic and motivated experts and specialists to accomplish the goals set forth by the management.
- Oversee budget and schedule for all Homologation planning, testing and approvals.
- Report status of certification progress to upper management.
- Work with other cross-functional groups to support assurance of product quality and integrity.
this is what you’ll need:
- 10-15 years’ experience in homologation at an auto manufacturer/testing lab supporting auto certification testing, preferably on an electric vehicle program.
- 10-15 years’ experience in leading and developing a high performance team.
- A robust understanding of the entire US and Canadian self-certification process and/or the EU/ECE Whole Vehicle Type Approval process.
- A strong understanding of global active and passive safety regulations applicable to electric vehicles.
- Deep curiosity to understand the product, how the regulations may be applied and to find creative solutions.
- Experience with requirements management tool (Jama, Jira, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with government authorities and test labs.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.