Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Equipment Development and Implementation
- Design automated production lines for product flow, ergonomics and efficiency, scalability, standardization, and continuous quality monitoring
- Design, procurement, construction, simulation and deployment of manufacturing automation equipment for low, medium, and high volume production
- In-house development of workstations, manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Management of suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of manufacturing equipment
- Characterization and validation of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
Process Development and Implementation
- Participate in early prototype equipment builds to characterize and develop both equipment and processes
- Provide Design for Manufacturing feed-back to Product Design Engineering team
- Development of new manufacturing processes, process sequences, and process recipes
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to support new processes and equipment
- Perform process analysis including PFMEA and capacity modeling
- Support implementation of product traceability and shop floor tracking
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Hands on experience with Stator specific processes such as Bending, and Impregnation not required but preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in an automated manufacturing environment (including internships)
- Strong problem solving skills and aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Communicate effectively with direct team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Proficient in complex electro-mechanical system design
- Understand GD&T principles
- Proficient in process characterization and validation using statistical tools
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience creating process documentation
- Experience transitioning automated systems from prototype to production
- Experience preferred in owning an automated production line from start (DFM with design team) to end (fully ramped and executed)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.