Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Responsible for the HV Battery Pack Systems Engineering focusing on the following aspects of the HV Energy Storage System (ESS)
- Lead the pack level systems design process to analyze vehicle, powertrain, and end-user specifications to derive pack system requirements
- Cascade sub-system requirements specifications, validation test procedures & requirements verification traceability.
- Lead battery product architecture development for new programs.
- Communicate with engineers to update/modify documentation to maintain accurate representation of deliverables; Use tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA to capture changes.
- Develop the Rivian HV safety standards, requirements and design specification.
- Ownership of Performance, Environmental, Electrical & Electronic, Shipping, Service and Manufacturing requirements on the Pack level.
- Collaborate with the Principal DFMEA Engineer to maintain Pack Level DFMEA and to drive pack level design review processes.
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Work alongside Cell/Module, Thermal and Enclosure Engineers to ensure proper requirement cascade and validation processes with robust traceability.
- Work with the Battery Systems Engineering Functional Lead to accurately report out status, risks and escalation as necessary.
- Work with Electromechanical Design team on requirement fulfilment, timing and design review processes.
- Experience with either development or testing using MATLAB/Simulink and C-programming is a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in Battery and/or Automotive industries
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Strong understanding High Voltage Safety
- Strong understanding of capturing electrical, environmental and other performance requirements of ESS
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments
- Previous experience launching large volume automotive HV battery systems
- Creating the requirements from the ground up, using engineering analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principles and common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.