Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for an Engineering Manager who will guide and develop an engineering team focused on the design and development of Engineering Tools and our Test Automation Platform. This is an exciting role partnering with multiple, high-performing software engineering teams in building solutions from the ground up using the latest technologies, tools, and practices, helping lay a strong technical foundation for the organization. The right candidate will be passionate about best practices, solving problems, and partnering with and enabling engineering teams to deliver a unique experience to Rivian customers.
You are passionate about efficiency and quality in the software development process and have demonstrated experience leveraging industry-leading tools and frameworks to deliver a world-class engineering platform that engineering teams can execute on in the delivery of solutions to our customers. You will also drive the delivery of our test automation platform, processes and reporting infrastructure supporting our engineering teams test and quality
This Is What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and build a team focused on full-stack / full-lifecycle software development.
- Partner with engineering teams to envision, design and deliver engineering tools and services such as a Service Catalog, and a metrics capture and reporting platform.
- Develop and mentor staff in building a culture of responsibility and ownership aligned with best in class practices.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (React/React Native), backend (Node/GraphQL) and 3rd party integrations.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Build tools and automation around CICD best practices.
- Create and articulate a vision focused on a best in class test automation platform.
- Partner with engineering teams cross the organization to refine the vision and work to deliver the test automation platform engineering teams can use.
- Design, architect and drive the delivery of test automation systems and platforms best suited to Rivian’s platforms and business objectives.
- Work cross-team with our partner engineering teams to determine optimal test automation technologies for solutions using disparate languages and platforms.
- Partner with delivery teams to track and act upon key performance indicators to enable continuous improvement of product quality and user experience.
- Promote and drive testing & quality best practices, coding standards, release strategies and tool usage.
- Develop process and practices for building, deploying, and testing applications and services, using AWS or other cloud services.
This Is What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years relevant experience designing and delivering full-stack / full-lifecycle applications.
- 2+ years’ experience managing software development teams and projects.
- Hands-on experience in Python, React, Java, NoSQL and SQL databases.
- A passion for developing, configuring, connecting, and integrating scalable and functional applications systems in a complex application environment.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in various types of testing (Unit, Integration, API, Smoke, System, Browser compatibility, etc.), developing test automation solutions for both presentation layer and APIs .
- Experience establishing Test Automation Frameworks and creating reusable components libraries while implementing effective quality assurance strategies and best practices.
- Experience using the following technologies/tools: Selenium, Appium, Cypress, Playright or other Page Model test automation platforms, JUnit, TestNG, Postman, Spock, Cucumber/Gherkin, Rest Assured or equivalent web-service automation tool.
- AWS, microservices, containers and orchestration, serverless computing.
- Experience in high-growth technology companies or startups a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.