Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This person will work closely with the Service R&D team, Mobile Service Programs Team, and Service Technicians to create Mobile Service Vehicles, Service Equipment and Tools, Prototypes, and low volume production runs.
- Responsible for Electrical Engineering and Design to develop and support our fleet of mobile service vehicles
- Partner with vehicle engineering, homologation, and manufacturing to bring designs to volume production
- Develop and support deployment of systems in fleet vehicles in North America, and globally
- Work cross functionally with Service Engineering, Service Tooling, and Service Operations groups to develop Mobile Service compatible solutions to expand the abilities of our Mobile Service team
- Interface directly with Mobile Service technicians to gather feedback, develop solutions, and come up with new developments
- Interface directly with suppliers on technical requirements, designs, and manufacturing
- Innovate and challenge the traditional OEM automotive way of doing things.
- 3+ years’ experience with electrical and control systems design, electrical manufacturing engineering, service engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated examples of designs brought from concept through manufacturing and deployment.
- Strong preference for engineer with multi-disciplinary skills and experience.
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in automotive, aerospace, or relevant fields required.
- Experience working with CATIA V6, Altium a plus
- Demonstrated examples of innovation and “out of the box” thinking.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.