Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is What You’ll Do
- As the UX Design Lead for Consumer Insurance, you will revolutionize experiences for insurance shopping, self-service, automated claims, and collision repair.
- You will work across personal lines and commercial lines as well as many different form factors such as native mobile, mobile web, web, and vehicle head-unit.
- Through embedding yourself within the Insurance team and across our organization, you will become a subject matter expert on the needs of our owners and how we, as a team, can build a world class experience to support them.
- Day to day you’ll be working as a member of a cross-functional team with the insurance product managers, engineering partners and company designers to define opportunities, create solutions and see those all the way through to launch and then, work out how to improve them.
- Conduct testing of sample applications, websites, and software to assess user experience and ease of design
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to clients and senior management
- Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork
This is What You’ll Need
- UX or Service designer with 7+ years’ experience
- Experience working with P&C Insurance
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in partnership with product, engineering and business leads.
- Comfortable with mapping, wire-framing, prototyping and mixed-fidelity design work.
- Comfortable facilitating working sessions and workshops
- Comfortable leading a small team of designers
- A desire to get into the field and learn firsthand
- Ability to guide projects from conception through to launch
- The kind of designer you are:
- You put people first, ego last
- You’re not afraid to ask why. A lot.
- You are comfortable with creating definition from ambiguity.
- You are collaborative and expect change
- You have a desire to muck-in and enjoy getting your hands dirty.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.