Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Senior UX Researcher at Rivian supporting our consumer digital products, you will be the voice of the user and will have a leading role in ensuring ease of use in our digital platforms and contribute to creating delightful and seamless car purchasing and ownership experiences.
You'll conduct research throughout the entire product development cycle using exploratory/discovery, generative, and evaluative research methods, working to ensure Rivian understands our users and target audiences, while partnering closely with design and product cross-functional stakeholders in a rapid release environment. The ideal candidate thrives in an ever-changing, fast paced environment and is passionate about putting users first.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and others to identify and define research opportunities throughout all stages of the product lifecycle, and own the research roadmap.
- Craft and execute complex studies, from formative to iterative research methods, to drive product strategy
- Translate research findings into actionable insights for our product and design teams
- Set and maintain industry benchmarks using SUS and NPS as metrics
- Conduct usability studies for software features then synthesize findings and document them along with suggestions.
- Develop personas through market studies
- Conduct competitive benchmarking of competitors to make recommendations to help influence current and future iterations of the products
- Utilize in-person and online tools for testing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Human-Computer Interaction, behavioral science, cognitive science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Experience working in a complex environments, having to consider multiple stakeholders, not just a single end-user.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to focus groups, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a variety of audiences.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Survey experience with Qualtrics or similar
- Passion for the automotive/transportation space
- Passionate about the automotive and transportation industry.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.