Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is developing a membership program that unites our ecosystem of products and related services with the human need for belonging, community, and adventure. We aspire to offer our customers a unique, industry-first program, including essential services that make owning a Rivian even better along with opportunities for participation in a community of like-minded people who want a better world. We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Member Programming to lead development of our growing portfolio of member programs designed to drive value for members year-round by offering meaningful moments to connect with the brand, with the community and with each other.
This is what you’ll do:
You will be responsible for creating and driving the execution of inclusive, member-right programming across North America. Today, programming manifests within our owned Rivian Spaces, but will soon grow to include temporary destinations, exclusive excursions and eventually a digital home. You’ll create and drive the Member Programming Calendar for North America and work closely with partners across the organization to ensure execution is on time, on budget and delivering value for our members. You will also own the creation of a Member Programming Playbook that will include the strategy for what programs we offer, what formats we deliver, requirements for execution and details on how we engage with our cross-functional partners to ensure repeatable success as we scale. Your work will bring new meaning to vehicle ownership and set a standard for membership programs in an era where connection between people is critical. You will work cross-functionally to bring new ideas to life while always ensuring the needs of our members and their respective community needs are at the center of our efforts. This will involve the following responsibilities:
- Concept and execute location specific member programming that delivers tangible member value over time
- Own the development and management of the Member Programming Calendar for North America
- Own the creation and socialization of the Member Programming Playbook
- Keep a pulse on the Rivian member community, regularly surfacing Voice of Customer reporting back to stakeholders within the company, developing special relationships with thought leaders within the community, and developing initiatives to bring thought leaders together for unique member experiences
- Build strong working relationships with third party organizations and/or vendors that align with the Rivian Mission
- Develop a KPI framework and collaborate with cross-functional partners to measure member engagement and satisfaction over time
You must have an ability to support broader corporate strategies and objectives alongside achieving our objectives for the membership program. Key partners to collaborate with include Brand, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Product Management, Technology Engineering, business line managers (e.g., Events, Merchandise), and Customer Service.
this is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience working in the membership space, developing new, innovative ways for members to engage with a brand over time
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing a global or national calendar of brand-related programming and/or events
- Ability to form, challenge, and communicate strong points of view on what a successful membership programming should include, how it should make its members feel, and how it can improve over time to drive results
- Leadership skills to manage change, influence stakeholders, communicate status and direction, and solve seemingly intractable problems
- Strategic thinker with a creative, customer-centric mindset and approach
- Unbridled curiosity and the desire to understand the “why” before designing the “what”
- Understanding of the developing automotive landscape and its implications on consumer relationships
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
This is where you’ll work:
Location: [Irvine, California]
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.