Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead cell modeling team to define technical roadmap, timing, and deliverables.
- Lead the team to develop battery performance models, life, data driven and physics-based model for cell and pack.
- Lead the team to develop innovative techniques to improve accuracy of the models at extreme usage scenarios
- Work closely with cross functional teams to drive the decision for cell selection (chemistry and design) and system design based on the modeling and test results.
- Define pathways to improve cell/pack design with enhanced performance and lifetime; develop intellectual property for Rivian’s battery cell technology.
- Guide experiments to develop optimal test procedures to improve model calibration process and the model accuracy
- Must have:
- PhD degree in chemistry/chemical engineering/materials science with 5+ years of experience with cell modeling.
- 3+ years’ experience in management. Strong record of leadership.
- Experience in modeling the cell and pack performance
- Experience in various methods to develop cell performance models including equivalent circuit models and reduced order models
- Understanding about electrochemistry and thermal of lithium-ion cells and pack
- Understanding about cell’s components and their interactions inside the cell.
- Understanding about the relationship between pack design with performance and lifetime.
- Familiarity with various battery testing procedures
- Strong optimization skills and numerical skills.
- Passion for batteries in electric vehicle applications: limitations, considerations, and trends
- Experience in Python, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skill
- Experience in SOC, SOH, SOP prediction is a plus.
- Experience with Filtering techniques is a plus
- Experience with COMSOL is a plus.
- Modeling experience in automotive applications is a plus
- Familiarity with the modeling battery behavior for automotive drive cycles
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.