Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Specification, design, and installation management of plastics equipment projects including injection molding machines, mold change systems, resin distribution systems, robots, and auxiliary equipment to grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Ensure achievement of safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets on all projects.
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to the management team.
- Understand and follow company and industry standards and best practices in project implementation.
- Develop plastics equipment and processing standards to be followed in all Rivian manufacturing facilities.
- Partner with tooling and production engineers to develop injection molding processes on homeline.
- Provide engineering support for continuous improvement activities in plastics production facilities including SMED, equipment uptime, scrap reduction, weight reduction, cycle time reduction, etc.
- Provide sustainability solutions for use of regrind and reuse of refuse plastics from other areas of the manufacuturing facility.
- Partner with production engineers and leaders to ensure a successful ramp and long-term production.
- Provide product feedback to design engineering teams to ensure manufacturability without compromising product function or performance.
- Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5 years of experience in a plastics engineering role.
- Operational and functional knowledge of injection molding equipment, robotics, and auxiliary equipment
- Knowledge of the equipment and process requirements of various injection molding resins such as TPO, PP, ABS
- Ability to develop injection molding processes on large valve gated mold in color parts
- Experience developing equipment and procurement specifications for purchase of plastics equipment.
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills and concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to work independently to develop a plan to execute deliverables with general guidance.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in working within 2D & 3D CAD environments.
- Ability to travel to Rivian manufacturing sites for extended periods of time during tooling and equipment installation and launch.
- Hands on approach to problem solving.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Plastics Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Plymouth, MI.
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.