Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Work Locations: Palo Alto, CA; Irvine, CA
Disclaimer: Applying to this requisition will place you into consideration for an internship on one of our SOFTWARE teams. Exact team allocation will be discussed during the hiring process should you be selected.
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full-time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Be part of a world-class team, with a focus on high quality and rapid project deployment.
- Challenge assumptions and be an advocate for best practices.
- Discover your potential with cross-functional partnerships and be an asset to your leadership team.
- Must be available for a FULL-TIME arrangement during the term of this internship.
- Currently pursuing a degree with a focus on computer science or other related technical field.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and execute on actions and tasks as requested by your team.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
About the job:
Are you ready to join Rivian this coming summer as a software engineer on one of our many exciting development groups? We have a multitude of teams looking for amazing talent like you! Your exact team match will be discussed during the interview process once you've been identified as a great fit. Here is a not-so-exhaustive list of teams that may be looking to hire interns:
- Embedded systems and firmware related to all our in-vehicle technologies (infotainment systems, connectivity, etc.)
- Digital platforms related to e-commerce and services.
- Mobile development
- Data engineering
- DevOps & Automation... and many more.
Join us as we go on this exciting adventure to change the world!
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.