Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Direct the defense of Warranty and Product Liability litigation and prelitigation matters throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Evaluate, engage, and oversee outside counsel in Warranty and Product Liability litigation.
- Work with outside counsel to manage litigation matters to budget.
- Evaluate claims and make recommendations on claim/case direction to colleagues from Quality, Engineering, Service, Accounting, Sales & Marketing, and other business units.
- Represent Rivian at various events, including trials, mediations, depositions, and court or ADR conferences.
- Attend vehicle inspections, as needed.
- Communicate with Product Defense Team and business stakeholders regarding Warranty and Product Liability litigation risks and status of ongoing matters.
- Provide training and education to Rivian internal teams (particularly Service, Quality, and Engineering groups) regarding Warranty and Product Liability risks.
- Attend business unit meetings and participate in certain committees for awareness and advice pertaining to Warranty and Product Liability matters.
- Assist with subpoena responses, especially those related to Warranty and Product Liability issues.
- Manage special projects, as assigned.
This is what you’ll need:
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school.
- An active membership in good standing in the State Bar of California (or eligible to practice as Registered In-House Counsel).
- 10 – 12 years of litigation experience, with 7 + focused on automotive Warranty and Product Liability litigation.
- Motivated by a team-oriented environment and working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel and represent the company in an unsupervised environment.
This is what will make you stand out:
- On-your-feet trial experience.
- In-house experience at an Automotive OEM.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.